GO SKI ALBERTA – CONTEST (“THE CONTEST”)
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
This contest is only eligible for Alberta residents and is governed by Canadian law and the laws of the Province of Alberta.
- The contest takes place from January 12, 2021 at 12:30pm MT to January 19, 2021 at 12:00pm MT.
- The contest is open to all Alberta residents who are over 18 years of age at the time of entry, excluding employees of, immediate family members of, or those residing with an employee of Go Ski Alberta and Canada West Ski Areas Association and each of their respective affiliates and their advertising and promotional agencies, may enter. “Immediate family” is defined as an individual’s parent(s), legal guardian(s), sibling(s), children or spouse. Chances of winning are dependent on number of entries.
HOW TO ENTER
- To participate in this contest you must:
a. “Entrants” may fill out the form on Go Ski Alberta’s contest page (https://goskialberta.com/contests/). Entrants may fill out the form a maximum of once per calendar day. Each form fill out will be considered an entry into the contest.
b. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Go Ski Alberta Contest Entry”. Email content must include:
i. Your Full Name
ii. Your Email Address
iii. Your City & Province
iv. Written Acknowledgement Of Contest Rules & Regulations (“Yes, I have read and agree to the contest RULES & REGULATIONS”)
- Winner will be selected at the end of each prize period. In the event or suspected event of tampering, unauthorized intervention, or fraud is deemed to have occurred, Go Ski Alberta reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this Contest or any Entrants’ submissions in any way without prior notice or obligation.
- Before being declared a winner: The selected entrant will be contacted via the email address they have provided and notified that they are eligible to win. The selected entrant must reply via email within three (3) business days of notification. The selected entrant must then correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question.
If a selected entrant: (i) cannot be contacted by email within three (3) calendar days of selection or there is a return of any prior notification as undeliverable; (ii) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; or (iii) fails to return the contest documents within the specified time, the he/she will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize, and Go Ski Alberta reserves the right to select an alternate entrant from among the remaining eligible entries.
- The following Prize is available to be won:
A one-day Family Lift Ticket (2 adults, 2 children from the same household) with Rentals to Whispering Pines Ski Hill.
Prize is valued at $200.
Any costs or expenses incurred by the Winner in claiming or using the Prize (including, without limitation, license, insurance and registration) will be the responsibility of the Winner. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or convertible to cash. No substitutions except at Go Ski Alberta’s option. Go Ski Alberta reserves the right to substitute a prize or a prize component with one of equal or greater value, including without limitation, but solely in Go Ski Alberta’s discretion, a cash award.
- By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of Go Ski Alberta with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal. This Contest and the application or interpretation of the Official Contest Rules and Regulations shall be governed by the applicable laws of Canada and of the Province of Alberta, and each Entrant irrevocably attorns to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Alberta.
- By participating in the Contest, the Entrant hereby REMISES AND RELEASES Go Ski Alberta, its respective heirs, successors, employees, officers, directors, contractors, assigns, agents and representatives, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertisers, insurers and promotion and fulfillment agencies, its legal advisors and its owners (each considered “Releasees”) of and from any and all manners of action, causes of action, suits, debts, costs, claims, damages and demands arising out of or in consequence to any loss, injury or damage to the Entrant’s person or property, including death, damage or injury incurred or suffered by the Entrant while creating the Entry, participating in the Contest, claiming the Prize, using or misusing of the Prize or possessing the Prize, notwithstanding that any such loss, personal injury, death, property damage or claim based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy may have arisen by reason of the negligence of the Releasees.
- By participating in the Contest, the Entrant AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE HARMLESS each of the Releasees of and from any and all manners of action, proceedings, claims, costs, losses, damages, expenses, legal fees on a solicitor or own-client basis, or demands whatsoever that may be brought against the Releasees or any or all of them, or which they may sustain, pay or incur as a result of, arising out of, in connection with or in consequence to participation in the Contest, claiming the Prize, using or misusing the Prize, possessing the Prize or any activities incidental thereto, including as a result of the Entrant’s negligence or the negligence of the Releasees. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant agrees to fully indemnify, without limitation, the Releasees from any and all claims relating to the Contest by third parties.
- Go Ski Alberta reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this Contest in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Go Ski Alberta that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Contest Rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Go Ski Alberta or reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- By participating in the Contest, the Entrant: (a) grants to Go Ski Alberta the right to use his/her name and e-mail address and phone number (“Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the Winner; and acknowledges that Go Ski Alberta may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers in for the purpose of administering the contest.
- All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. Go Ski Alberta reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to Go Ski Alberta – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason Go Ski Alberta deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of Go Ski Alberta in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of Go Ski Alberta.
- Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter or vote, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating, winning prizes (defined herein), and preclude you from participating in future contests and promotions, at the sole discretion of Go Ski Alberta. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions these rules will be judged void. All Entries become the property of Go Ski Alberta upon receipt and none will be returned. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
- Without limitation, Go Ski Alberta, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges will not be liable for any failure of the website during the Contest; for an technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any Entry to be received by the Go Ski Alberta, its advertising or promotion agencies for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or any combination of the above. Further, Go Ski Alberta, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Contest.
- In the event of a dispute, Entries will be deemed to have submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected Entry.
- Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or in association with Facebook or Instagram.