Situated on a northern facing hill, located on the west side of Innisfail, the ski hill backs onto Mud Lake and the Innisfail Golf Course. To our benefit the northern aspect of the hill accumulates and collects snow that is kept in the shadows during the peak months of winter. Being as the ski hill is completely dependent on natural snow this works greatly in our favour to prolong our ski season into the spring.
Although we are a small facility, our hill offers plenty for all ages and abilities. It is a great place to learn and improve or to get some turns in if you have already mastered the skills of skiing/snowboarding. We have six main runs; two beginner, three intermediate and one with a rail park. Our hill also offers several small side trails through the trees, a bump track, and an earth dug half pipe.
Located in a central position, the tow rope provides easy access to all parts of the hill. It is recommended that you bring your old gloves or cowhide mitts for using the tow rope to make gripping the rope easier. The rope can be challenging for first time users but most get the hang of it fairly quick.
Being that we depend entirely on accumulated snow our runs are left natural and un-groomed. However, our volunteers physically tend to trail maintenance by shovelling snow onto the towline and moving snow around the hill when needed by snowmobile. We will occasionally pack the hill after larger snowfalls to increase our snow base to carry us through the ski season.Lift Infrastructure:
- Winter Activities
- Ski & Snowboard
- COVID Related Service Requirements
- All current government regulations must be followed.
- No access to the lodge will be available at this time as it is not yet complete and hasn't passed the final inspection.
- There is an outhouse washroom facility with hand sanitizer.
- Dress adequately for the weather as there will be no warming facility. Parents will be responsible for those under the age of 18.
- No rental gear will be available at this time.