Closer to Heaven, Down to Earth. That’s Castle!
Castle Mountain Resort (CMR) is Alberta’s most authentic mountain experience. The resort, occupying an exceptionally beautiful, and snowy, location in the Westcastle Valley of the Southwestern Alberta Rocky Mountains, is located 2.5 hours southwest of Calgary. Castle is the only resort in Alberta with drive-to, ski-in/ski-out accommodations. The resort is well known for the best continuous fall-line terrain in Canada and no shortage of powder (900 cm’s annually). Castle is Alberta’s second largest resort, by acreage, taking skiers and riders back to the roots of our sport with uncrowded slopes, superb hospitality, and fixed grip lifts.
Castle Mountain Resort also offers Powder Stagecoach cat skiing. Using the Huckleberry Chair and a snow cat, participants are brought high onto Haig Mountain, where more than 2000 vertical feet and almost 900 acres of untracked terrain awaits. Castle’s cat skiing combines the best of both worlds; pristine, untouched glades and bowls with all the amenities that one would expect of a ski / snowboard resort.Lift Infrastructure:
- 6 lifts
- (2 triple chairs, 2 double chairs, 1 t-bar, 1 magic carpet)
- 3,592 acres
- 8 alpine bowls across 2 mountains
- 94 + trails
- Base: 4,630 feet/1,410 meters
- Summit: 7,463 feet/2,273 meters
- Vertical: 2,833 feet/863 meters
- Winter Activities
- Ski & Snowboard
- Terrain Park(s)
- Snowshoe Tours
- Ski Lessons
- Snow School Private Lessons
- Cross Country Skiiing
- Fat Biking
- COVID Related Service Requirements
This season we have some new covid-19 protocols in place to keep both our guests and staff safe:
MANDATORY FACE COVERINGS
- Face coverings will be mandatory at Castle Mountain Resort. They are required indoors, in ticketing areas, in lift line-ups, while riding the lifts, and in any outdoor areas that people may be congregating.
- Face coverings must be a solid piece of multi-layer fabric that snuggly fits your face, fully covering your mouth and nose.
- While we recommend that children 5 & under wear a face covering, this age group is the lone exception to our rule.
- If any guest 6 years of age or older are not prepared to wear a face covering at all times in these areas, we have no choice but to tell you not to visit us at this time.
- Face coverings which are not-multi layers in nature, have holes or perforations, and/or do not fit snugly around the mouth and nose are not appropriate or permitted.
ENHANCED CLEANING / SANITIZATION PRACTICES
- You will see increased cleaning of high touch surfaces – especially those which are indoors – both during operations and after-hours.
- Additional hand sanitizing stations will be added in several base area locations this coming season.
DAY LODGE & INDOOR SPACES
- Our Day Lodge is currently open ONLY for take-out food service and for washroom access. There is no seating available and indoor dining is prohibited until further notice.
- We are actively be managing the “flow” of our guests to ensure we have an accurate picture of how many guests are in the building at any given time. This means a dedicated entrance and exit to the upstairs portion of the day lodge.
- Bags, boots, and other personal items are not permitted to be left in the day lodge – please treat your vehicle as your own personal lodge & ski locker. All storage cubbies have been removed.
- Our typical brown bag lunch area (downstairs adjacent to Guest Services) will be closed to guests this winter as it will become an extension of our staff room (reserved for staff only).
- As a result there will be no through traffic to the upstairs of the day lodge from Guest Services
MONITORING OF DAILY SKIER VISITATION
- We are actively monitoring daily skier visits and are making improvements to our e-commerce platform so as to ensure that we are in a position to limit daily ticket sales, should it become necessary, to ensure the health and safety of our staff and guests
- If the need to limit daily skier visits arises, our valued pass holders will have priority access. Our goal is not to impose daily restrictions on season pass holders, if at all possible.
RIDING THE LIFTS
- Those arriving in cohorts / families will be welcome to load our lifts as normal (to capacity). Singles and doubles will not be forced to load our lifts with those outside their cohort.
- Face covering are required while riding our lifts, in all lift line-ups, and in all lift unload areas.
- Our line-up configurations may look a little different, in order to facilitate physical distancing (greater spacing between queues). Within queues, things aren’t likely to look a whole lot different as the skis / boards on your feet naturally assist with physical distancing.
INDOOR CAPACITY RESTRICTIONS / TIME LIMITS
- Given current restrictions on indoor gatherings, we expect to limit the number of people in our base area buildings. Time limits could be imposed, ensuring that day lodge visits are kept to essential visits only. “Camping out” in the day lodge just simply will not be an option this winter. In order to minimize indoor visits, and to help us manage capacities, please consider treating your vehicle as your own personal lodge & ski locker.
- We will actively be managing the “flow” of our guests to ensure we have an accurate picture of how many guests are in the building at any given time. We are also considering ways to add additional, safe spaces for our team members (including dedicated staff washrooms). This will likely mean dedicated entrances and exits to various buildings, to assist us in managing the number of guests, in these buildings, at any given time.
- Additional, weather-proof, temporary structures will be available so as to help limit crowding in our day lodge while providing other venues for guests to stay warm and dry.
- Guests should expect simplified food and beverage options in the cafeteria and T-Bar Pub as we balance guest needs, speed of service, and health guidelines.
GUEST SERVICES / TICKETING
- Day ticket sales and online ticket pick-ups will be facilitated through our outdoor ticketing windows only.
- Access to our Guest Services area will be restricted to those guests requiring the printing or replacement of a season pass, corporate ticket pick-ups, direct-to-lift upgrades, and/or administration office inquiries.
- For this season, we will be offering single day tickets only – no multi-day tickets will be available.
- This change is an important one for us to make as it will allow us to swiftly move to an online, advance purchase only model should we be mandated to do so and/or feel that it is necessary to maintain the health and safety of our guests & staff.
- Planning to visit us multiple times this season? We highly recommend the purchase of a Wonders of Winter (WOW) Card with a direct-to-lift upgrade enabled.
- No groups of larger than 10 are permitted (up to 9 guests & 1 instructor)
- Supervised lunches will not be available this season.
- Unless purchasing a lift ticket in conjunction with a snow school program, lift tickets will not be sold through our Snow School this season. All ticketing products will be available through our outside ticket windows.
- There will be no day lodge through traffic permitted through our Snow School entrance.
- Child minding services will not be available this season, except when included as part of a program (Little Castle Club as an example).
- Season Open and Closure Dates
We are now open! Here's to a happy and healthy season: 8:00 am - 5:00 pmMon8:30 am - 4:30 amTue8:30 am - 4:30 pmWed8:30 am - 4:30 pmThu8:30 am - 4:30 pmFri8:30 am - 4:30 pmSat8:00 am - 5:00 pmSun8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- EventsNo event found!