Home to three sprawling mountains that provide distinct, uninterrupted views, Banff Sunshine Village sits on the continental divide allowing you to ski and snowboard in both Alberta and BC at the same time. Located 8km west of Banff, Sunshine proudly offers 12 lifts and 138 runs; it is a prime location for skiers and snowboarders to spend an entire weekend at Banff’s only ski-in, ski-out hotel the Sunshine Mountain Lodge.
With diverse terrain ranging from easy greens to challenging double blacks, this provides skiers and snowboarders of all experience levels an abundance of terrain to both choose from and challenge themselves on. The Snow School offers quality ski and snowboard lessons for all-ages and comfort levels, from never-evers to double-black diamond runners, along with Rocky Mountain Adaptive lessons that encourage those with accessibility needs to get up on the hill.
For riders comfortable on double black terrain, Sunshine Village offers two extreme freeride zones: Delirium Dive, voted one of the world’s top 15 runs by CNN, and The Wild West. It is mandatory for all skiers and snowboarders wishing to ride both freeride zones that they are equipped with an Avalanche Pack.
Sunshine also offers:
- Banff’s only ski-in, ski-out hotel the Sunshine Mountain Lodge with nightly activities ranging from s’mores, tobogganing, spa, hot tub, bingo, and more.
- Canada’s only heated chairlift
- A high-speed, eight-passenger Gondola
- Winter sightseeing Gondola and Chairlift
- Free tours with Sunshine SnowHosts
- Restaurants with breakfast, lunch and après options
- Retail stores
- Free bus service to and from Banff to Sunshine to all Sunshine Village for Ski Big 3 season pass or lift ticket holders
Phone: 1-87-SKI-BANFF (1-877-542-2633)
Lessons/Ski School: Yes
Rentals Available: Yes
Terrain Park: Yes – 4 unique parks!
Location: Banff Sunshine Village is located in Banff National Park in the heart of the Canadian Rockies.
The drive is an hour and a half west of Calgary on a well-maintained 4-lane highway, 8 KM west of the town of Banff. Our access road is clearly sign posted from Highway #1.[/text_output]