Go Ski Alberta Seasonal Give-Aways (“The Contest”) Official Contest Rules and Regulations
1. No purchase necessary, Alberta residents who are over 18 years of age at the time of entry, excluding employees of, or those residing with an employee of the Canadian Western Ski Association (CWSAA) and each of their respective affiliates and their advertising and promotional agencies, may enter.
How to Enter:
2. “Entrants” can visit the Contest page at GoSkAlberta.com/contest/ (“The Website”) between 10:00 AM on November 16, 2018 and 11:59 PM on November 29, 2018 to enter. During this time more than 10 individual prize give-aways will be held. The exact entry start and end date will be vary, see contest prizing details below for more information on prize dates. “Entrants” must submit entries to the online entry form. A maximum of one entry can be submitted per person per day.
Entrants wishing to enter who do not want to submit to the website form can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with their submissions.
Upon the completion of the entry submission period, a random draw will occur from the list of eligible entrants and a winner will be declared. Draw will occur within 7 days of contest closure. Once the winner has been confirmed, the CWSAA may chose to announce the winner within the website and/or CWSAA owned social media profiles.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
CWSAA reserves the right to disqualify users, without notice, and for any reason. No purchase necessary. CWSAA is not responsible for any late, lost, damaged, delayed, incomplete, stolen, illegible or misdirected entries. CWSAA reserves the right to cancel or modify this Contest if, in its sole discretion, it determines for any reason (such as tampering) that the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned or that fraud or any other cause or occurrence has compromised the fairness or integrity of the Contest. All decisions made by CWSAA with respect to all aspects of the Contest are final and binding on all “Entrants”.
The following Prize are available to be won:
November 16-30, 2018
A Ski & Snowboard Package (two nights accommodation at a Mountain Park Lodges location, two days of skiing for two) to Marmot Basin
*Prize valued at approximately $740.00 CDN + GST
Any costs or expenses incurred by the Winner in claiming or using the Prize (including, without limitation, licence, insurance and registration) will be the responsibility of the Winner. The Prize must be accepted as awarded – no substitutes. The Prize is non-transferrable.
4. The winner will be contacted by email by the program coordinator (CWSAA) and given 7 days to verify their ability to claim the prize after which time a separate contest winner will be drawn from eligible entries. Odds of winning are dependent on the number of entries received. The winner will pick up their prize from the Ski Area or company who provided the prize.
5. Prior to entry, the “entrant” is required to (i) confirm compliance with all Contest rules; (ii) accepts the Prize on the terms and conditions as offered; (iii) acknowledges the non-responsibility of CWSAA and its respective agents with respect to any injury, loss or misfortune related to the Contest or the Prize; and (iv) acknowledges that CWSAA and its agents have an unrestricted right to publish, in their discretion, the Winner’s name, photograph, portrait, likeness, voice and any film rendering or tape recording of the Winner for advertising and promotional purposes in connection with the Contest, in any form of publication or display, including, without limitation, newspapers and other print publications, radio and television broadcasts, film releases and interactive media worldwide, without compensation other than the Prize offered.
Should any conflict or dispute arise in connection with the Contest, the decision of CWSAA will be final. All entries become the property of CWSAA.
6. Limitation of Liability: By participating in the Contest, the Entrant hereby REMISES AND RELEASES CWSAA, its respective heirs, successors, employees, officers, directors, contractors, assigns, agents and representatives, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertisers, insurers and promotion and fulfillment agencies, its legal advisors and its owners (each considered “Releasees”) of and from any and all manners of action, causes of action, suits, debts, costs, claims, damages and demands arising out of or in consequence to any loss, injury or damage to the Entrant’s person or property, including death, damage or injury incurred or suffered by the Entrant while creating the Entry, participating in the Contest, claiming the Prize, using or misusing of the Prize or possessing the Prize, notwithstanding that any such loss, personal injury, death, property damage or claim based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy may have arisen by reason of the negligence of the Releasees.
7. Indemnity: By participating in the Contest, the Entrant AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE HARMLESS each of the Releasees of and from any and all manners of action, proceedings, claims, costs, losses, damages, expenses, legal fees on a solicitor or own-client basis, or demands whatsoever that may be brought against the Releasees or any or all of them, or which they may sustain, pay or incur as a result of, arising out of, in connection with or in consequence to participation in the Contest, claiming the Prize, using or misusing the Prize, possessing the Prize or any activities incidental thereto, including as a result of the Entrant’s negligence or the negligence of the Releasees. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant agrees to fully indemnify, without limitation, the Releasees from any and all claims relating to the Contest by third parties.
8. Governing Law and Jurisdiction: This Contest and the application or interpretation of the Official Contest Rules and Regulations shall be governed by the applicable laws of Canada and of the Province of Alberta, and each Entrant irrevocably attorns to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Alberta.
9. Privacy/Use of Personal Information: By participating in the Contest, the Entrant: (a) grants to CWSAA the right to use his/her name, mailing address, telephone number and e-mail address (“Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the Winner; (b) grants to the Sponsors the right to use his/her Personal Information for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Con test, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (c) acknowledges that CWSAA may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers in connection with any of the activities listed in (a) and (b) above.